Thursday, February 12, 2009

Daddy


Category: Blogging


So two days ago I went to Hobby Lobby to buy a frame. While I was shopping the aisles I noticed a man in an electric wheelchair. He was kind of young; I'd say in his mid-thirties. I didn't really look at him although part of me really wanted to. I wanted to check out his ride. Was it similar to what my Dad had, was it better, what brand was it? I just wanted to look, but after so many years of having people stare at my Dad and probably for different reasons; I didn't want to do the same. So I didn't and went on my way. While I was waiting in line to check out, he and his family got in line behind me. Once again I felt the urge to look and observe. I tried hard not to and only used my excellent peripheral vision. Yes I eavesdropped in a little of the conversation. By this time the store had already been making the closing announcements, and at the last minute he decided to go get an item he decided he needed. At the same time his little girl who was about six years old said she needed to go to the bathroom. Her mother said, "Just go with your daddy." She climbed up on his armchair and they went off through the store. My eyes began to well as I remembered my Dad. I would do the same thing when I was that age.

I miss you Daddy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home