Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Do I sing?

I’m intriguied to discover how many of my long-time freinds have actually heard me sing. (thanks for the compliments, they made feel warm and fuzzy).
Nowadays the only time I sing is in the shower, while driving or when noone is home.
I think the last time I joined someone for a song in public was like eight years ago.
Maybe like all of my artsy attributes, I feel the need to practice. When it comes to things like drawing or painting, I need to practice. I’m in no way like some people who seem to be born with the talent. When it comes to singing, I also feel the need to practice, I can’t just belt it out. Going back to my issues with trust, well I need people to be supportive. I would hate to give my all and have some laugh, that would be horrible.
Needless to say, since this year has been fantastic, I have been thinking about facing this fear I developed. Don’t know when it happened, but somewhere along the line, I stopped. So again I say it really is interesting to me when I run into people I haven’t seen in YEARS and the second question that is asked is if I still sing.
Thanks to all who remember my voice, your words are encouraging.


"I’ve got a right to be wrong
Got to sing my own song
I might be singing out of key
But it sure feels good to me"
---Joss Stone (Right to be wrong)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home