Sunday, April 13, 2008

Four Years

Four Years
By Monica Nichol-Delgado

Four years ago I yelled and cried until my eyes were red and swollen
I cried for hours and days and weeks

I cried and cried for months.
I cried myself to sleep every night
And would wake up to cry some more
I thought about that day and tears would well
I would look at pictures and lose control
I would think of random moments and all composure would disappear.

As years past on I was lost

Lost with fear
Fear of you not being there
Not there for you to listen
Not there to give advice
Not there to comfort me
Not there to be my Dad

Daddy's little girl
That I'll always be
And I'm happy
And I'm grateful

It didn't take long for me to see
That you're always there for me.
In my thoughts
In my dreams
In my heart always you'll be.

Four years later
Time has passed
Four years later
Time has changed
Four years later
I have changed
My view
My life
Alive I feel, no longer numb
Alive to breathe, create, and love.

-I love and miss you Dad


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home